We headed back to Galesburg for Thanksgiving. The kids always have such a good time with their cousins.
Here they are and their favorite pasttime at Grandma and Grandpa's. Eating ice cream on the floor in the kitchen out of the container.
Like crazy people, Debbie, Misty and I got up at 4:30 am on Friday to go shopping. We started at Wal-Mart, then on to Target, K-mart, Sears, Bergner's and JC Penneys. I have never seen such a thing. People were camped out all night at Wal-Mart for the TVs and other big ticket items. You couldn't even get down the aisles. We picked up what was on our list and then stood in the checkout line for 30 minutes. I headed to Target, which was busy, but nothing like Wal-Mart. After that, everything had calmed way down. Needless to say, I've had my Black Friday shopping experience and will probably wait until a little later to go shopping next year.
We had a great surprise on Saturday evening. Since we won't be in Illinois for Christmas this year, Santa and Mrs. Clause made an early visit.
Here are all the grandkids with Great-Grandma and Grandpa Gene, Grandma and Grandpa Warner and Santa and Mrs. Clause. You can tell that Trey and Luke were not too excited about Santa. I still can't figure out how Trey can be scared of Santa, but he will walk up to Pistol Pete and hug him! I think Pistol Pete would be scarier for a little kid.
This is when Santa first got there. He leaned down to talk to Trey and that's when the waterworks happened.
Of course, Maddi had no problems going to see Santa. She made sure he knew that she wanted a dinosaur for Christmas.
Here I am attempting to get Trey to sit on Santa's lap. He had a death-grip on me and wasn't letting go.
After Santa handed out presents, Trey became a little more trusting. (Misty, he is so going to be the child to flunk Safety Town because the stranger gave him candy!) This is the best picture I got of them together.
We had a great time and loved seeing all the family. Our next reunion is going to be over New Year's when we trek to Colorado for a ski trip. This will Debbie and Tom's 1st time skiing. Stay tuned....
2 comments:
I am SO GLAD I didn't volunteer to be the one to stand in line at Walmart!! We wanted one of those TV's!! But neither of us were willing to lose sleep and I refuse to black friday shop!! :-)Now I am really glad we didn't go!
OOOh we did "Black Friday" last year....but at Gamestop, which was much calmer. BTW...I got my tree at Sam's Club (see the post, I responded there)
Post a Comment