CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday at the Lake

For any of you that have ever been to SW Kansas, you know there's not much water anywhere, let alone a whole lake. Some friends of ours had told us about a small private lake that they were allowed to use every once in a while & invited us along. It was a beautiful day and wonderful to have the entire lake to ourselves. Tommy and I got to ski, which we hadn't done in about 5 years, and both the kids tubed. They had a blast. Trey actually fell asleep while we were on the tube.

Maddi decided she would try waterskiing. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but they have a ski trainer which is one big board on the tips and then seperates to 2 skis in the back. She was all gung-ho going into it.


Here she is loading up.


Here she is with daddy getting ready to go.

I did video her going, but it's so far away it's hard to see. She started going and was almost standing up when she turned her head because of the water splashing in her face and fell. At this point she decided that once was enough. She said it hurt her finger when she fell (because she didn't let go of the handle right away.) Anyway, I'm proud she tried & she said she would do it again next time.



When I got back to where all the kids were playing, I found Trey covered in Oreo crumbs. Notice his hand with the plastic baggy. His blister popped Friday night & I had the joy of cutting his skin off yesterday while Tommy held him down. He actually didn't mind & I decided it was much more traumatic for me than him. He's on the mend, so hopefully by the end of this week, no more bandages!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for Maddi trying to ski! I've told Warner that he has to ski next summer. Okay, maybe in a few years. But it IS in his DNA. We're going to have to get him a ski trainer. Glad Trey's hand is getting better.