CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Birthday party, another birthday party & ER

Saturday started off with Maddi's birthday party. We loaded up the kids and headed to the Land of Oz. Tommy was such a trooper. He drove the "kids car" with 5 4-year-olds. They watched The Wizard of Oz on the way there and back, so I don't think it was too tough for him. I drove the other car with the other moms that went. They all had a blast. We toured Dorothy's house & then the Land of Oz. They let the kids go through twice since it was Maddi's birthday and they had the best time.


Here they are at the end of the tour with Dorothy getting ready to get on the balloon.


In the "wash up" room.



Here's Madison's cake. She really liked it, especially since she got to keep the figures to play with.


Getting ready to cut into the cake.

They have a little park outside called Munchkinland. The kids played and then we had pizza and cake. We had a great day, but had to get back for our next birthday.

My neighbor turned 30 on Thursday, so we decided to throw her a little surprise party. I thought she knew what was going on, but when I saw her face & the tears that followed, I knew we had surprised her. We had 32 adults and about 10 kids. It was a blast and we stayed up way too long & drank way too much, but had a blast.

Sunday we decided to take it easy and not do much. Tommy was going to grill pork chops and I was making cheesy potatoes. Well, Maddi was helping me cook with her stepstool and she got down. I didn't realize that Trey had gotten up and before I knew it, stuck his hand on the cooktop. I grabbed him, put his hand under cold water and called my dad. His hand immediately started to blister & my dad said to get him to the ER so off we went. Our great neighbors watched Maddi while Tommy drove to the ER as I held Trey in the back. He screamed the entire way. We got right in at the ER & the doctor told us he had 2nd degree burns on his palm, but said we were lucky it wasn't on his fingers. They gave him Tylenol with codeine & he fell asleep about 10 minutes later. Unfortunately, about the time he fell asleep, the ER got flooded w/ new patients, so we got to sit for about an hour waiting for them to wrap his hand. This would have been fine if would have slept the whole time, but he woke up after about 15 minutes and was ready to go. Anyway, he finally got his hand bandaged up. I get to change his dressing every day & we get to go see our doctor this week. Needless to say, our relaxing Sunday evening turned out to be anything but. I'm just glad it wasn't more serious & he'll make a full recovery. Hopefully this week will go much smoother!!!

3 comments:

Megan's Munchkins said...

What a crazy way to end a great weekend...poor Trey, I hope he feels better...kids bounce back so fast. Im sure he will be beating on things in no time!

Nic said...

Yikes....my stomach dropped when I was reading that! I'm so glad that he is okay! Those little boys! nic

Alyssa Cabrera said...

OH, my does the god mother need to take over? Are we done having birthday parties for maddi yet????? she has had maybe 4 now? perfect for my 4 year old.