CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Remember the Ten run

I'm just catching up on my blogs, so I apologize for all of them. The weekend of April 19, Tommy and I were slated to run in a 5K that was to honor 10 men from the OSU basketball program that were killed in a plane crash over 7 years ago. We knew them all and one was one of Tommy's groomsmen. It ended up that just the kids and I went b/c Tommy traveled to Indiana to see Meredith one last time and tell her goodbye.

I ended up running the entire 5K, which for anyone that knows me, this is a big fete. I am not a runner. I would prefer walking, but something just kept me going. It was a great time and I look forward to next year's race.
While we were there, the kids got aquainted with my parents 2 new dogs, Liz and Sam.

Here's Madison and Grandpa putting the dogs in their "yard" while we go to dinner.


Trey would just stand at the door giggling at them.

I also became a little creative and my inner Martha Stewart came out over the weekend. From a link on my friend Alison's blog, I saw the cutest burp cloths and minky blankets for babies. I just had 2 friends that had babies and thought, I can make these. Luckily my mom has 12 sewing machines!! (just kidding, she only has 5). I was able to do almost all the work after she gave me a tutorial on each different machine. I think they turned out pretty good. I even made the comment that I might just have another child b/c they were so cute. Trust me, that thought only lasted about 3 seconds!

Here are the finished products:






On the way home, I heard this weird sucking noise and then giggles. I turned around and this is what I saw.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jami the burp cloths are SO cute! Did you do the embroidery yourself too? You should really sell those. I would certainly buy some for gifts!

Megan's Munchkins said...

Jami....so cute, funny too...I have an embroidery machine and am tinking around with it....doubt I will sell stuff, too confusing. You did fabulous!!

Sharing the Blessings said...

Jami- I'm really impressed, those are way too cute! Maybe someday I'll need them again and can hire you!

Sarah and Kieran said...

Too funny - yummy toes! One of the funniest videos I have ever seen.