Monday evening we were expecting severe t-storms, but not what we actually got. The kids and I waited for the rain to stop, then headed to Wal-Mart to get milk. While I was standing in the check out line, we started to hear this pinging on the tin roof at WM. I thought, oh no, my car is in the parking lot. By the time I had run everything thru (about 2 mins) it was a very loud booming noise. We walked to the entrance to see dime to quarter size hail falling. While a lady watched the kids, I ran to the car, pulled up and got everything loaded, then got the kids in and we drove to the gas station and parked there for a while. When it appeared to have passed by, we headed home. Only got about 2/10 of a mile when it started again. We parked under the underpass for a while longer. This pattern went on for the next hour and by the time I got home, my car was not in the best shape. My hood and roof were pretty beat up. I took it in the next morning and the guy actually told me I was pretty lucky, it was the least amount of damage he had seen.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Western Kansas weather
I hadn't really thought much about the house, but quickly was told to call our insurance agent and a roofing inspector. In our neighborhood, the hail was golf ball size, so quite a bit larger than at Wal-Mart. Thank goodness, b/c my car would have been in really bad shape then. It seems that we are probably going to have to have a new roof and gutters. Then while I was walking out on our deck (it the vinyl decking like Trex), I found 4 holes and they don't make our decking material anymore, so we're probably getting a new deck also.
Needless to say, we've had an interesting week already and it's only mid-week. I'm having a garage sale this weekend, so hopefully I'll make lots of money to help pay for our deductible!!!
Here's a few pics of the kids I snapped today while it was raining again.
Posted by Warner at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love all of the updates. I blog-stalk you so I'm happy to hear what's been going on. :) Sorry to hear about the hail and the damage!
Post a Comment