CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Zooma 1/2 Marathon

I ran my first 1/2 marathon on Sept. 20 in Denver. My goal was to finish under 2 hrs and I didn't quite make it. My final time was 2:01:34. I finished 99 out of 521 runners and felt good about this. The course was described as flat, which it mainly was except for a couple of areas. Unfortunately these areas were between miles 7 & 8 and then again between miles 10 & 11. I think they would have been much easier in the early stages of the race! Oh well, my goal for the next one will be under 2 hrs and I will make sure the course is flat!


I ran with my friend Kate and her friend Kelly. Here we are before the race. Notice how big our smiles are!


Here I am 2 hrs later just having crossed the finish line. I am still surprised I didn't just collapse at this point!





Here we are after the race. Still smiling, but looking a little more tired. Kate is smiling super big because she finished in 1:41. She finished 10th!!! She did awesome.



Kate and I enjoying a beer at the after race expo. They had massages, brunch and beer tasting. Definitely a great ending to the morning!







2 comments:

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

So FUN!!! Alyssa reminded me that you guys are leaving for your trip soon! I am so. so. jealous! I want to see loads of pictures! Have an amazing time on the beach!!!

Sarah and Kieran said...

AWESOME time! i love the beer at the finish. :)