CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Napa Valley

Tommy & I were able to go to Napa Valley this past weekend for a business trip. For those of you who know me, you know that my love for wine has not yet developed (unless you count Boone's Farm!) We got to taste a lot of wine and became very knowledgable on how to taste wines, but I can say that I still don't love it! We had a great time anyway and a nice long weekend.


Here is Tommy stomping grapes. They turned it into a competition, so we all get fairly messy and sticky with grape juice!

Here I am stomping. Our team won the competition by getting more than a gallons of grape juice in 7 minutes. We had a blast!

This grape vine is more than 100 years old. It is at the Jacuzzi Family Vineyards and yes, they did invent the Jacuzzi as well!


Here are some grapes that we were able to pick and eat. They are so small, not like grapes we buy at the store. They actually look more like blueberries than grapes, but they are very good. I could have just stood out in the vineyard all evening eating grapes.

Here we are at Chateau St. Jean. They had the most beautiful gardens.


Looking out over the vineyard at Chateau St. Jean at sunset.


Looking out from Nicholson Ranch.

1 comments:

Sarah and Kieran said...

so fun! I love Napa! :)