CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Team in Training

Hi everyone!

As most of you know, my mom was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a blood cancer, in January. Around the same time, I began running to prepare for a 10K race. Since then, I have completed two 10K races and a ½ marathon and my mom’s cancer has been classified as inactive. While we are thankful for this, we know that the cancer can become active at anytime. I started thinking, how can I incorporate my running with helping my mom and the answer was “Team in Training.”

In March 2010, I will be running in the Disney Princess ½ Marathon in Orlando, FL. I am training for this event as a Team in Training member. Team in Training raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives or affecting more families. I am running this race in honor of my mom and everyone else battling blood cancers. These people are
the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

I am asking for any donations you would be able to make to help me reach my goal and, more importantly, to help find a cure for myeloma and all blood cancers. Please follow the link below to donate online quickly and securely. All donations are tax deductible. You will receive email confirmation of your donation. Thank you for your support and generosity!!!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/dipihalf10/jwarnertu6

Thank you,
Jami

0 comments: