I thought I needed to update since it's been a few weeks, so here it goes.
Last Saturday, Tommy, the kids and I headed for Kansas City to drop off Madison and Trey with "Aunt Lyssie". They headed back for Galesburg, while Tommy and I were off to McCall, Idaho. Madison was so excited because she just loves Aunt Lyssie and Jakob. It was all she could talk about the week before. We dropped them off Saturday afternoon and began our children-free vacation. We did a little shopping and went to our favorite restaurant, Garozzo's, for dinner.
We got up the next morning to catch our flight to Idaho. When we got there, this was our view from our balcony.
Not too bad to wake up to every morning! It was such a relaxing trip. On Monday, I had a facial, went on a boat ride around the lake, sat by the pool and sat on the dock. I read 2 books on our trip. I don't think I've read a book since before Maddi was born! It was nice to relax. Tommy played golf on Monday afternoon.
Then on Tuesday we went white-water river rafting. It was a blast. The water was only 50 degrees, but luckily it was warm outside. We were working so hard paddling, that I don't think I noticed how cold the water was.
This was our last night there after dinner. The banquet room overlooked the lake and mountains. Beautiful views everywhere you looked.
On Wednesday, we both headed back. Tommy to Garden City and myself to Galesburg. We had the best time and I even felt a little guilty that I wasn't missing my kids more! I was so glad when I finally saw them, but it's always nice to have some time alone.
1 comments:
Thanks for the update! Since I blog-stalk you I was quite disappointed when there wasn't an update for quite a while! Glad you enjoyed your vacation. It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment