CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Madison's 1st Ski Trip

We just got back from our ski trip and I think Madison might be hooked. She loved it and did a great job for only being 3 and it being her 1st time. We went to Winter Park, CO with our neighbors, Grant and Katrina, and spent a long weekend. We woke up Friday and it was snowing heavily and they had gotten about 9 inches of snow overnight. We had great powder, but my poor legs are getting too old to handle it well. It also made Maddi's ski school a little more difficult because the powder slows you down and it catches your skis so she wasn't able to learn much about turning. She didn't seem to mind though. She had ski school on Friday all day. We caught the end of her day and then I took her up for one final run together on Friday. When we got to the bottom of the bunny slope, she looked up the mountain and told me she wanted to go down the big mountain by herself. She was really a trooper. Saturday morning was beautiful. The sun was shining and there weren't that many people on the slopes. Tommy and I spent all morning skiing with her until her last wipeout when she told me she was tired and wanted to take a nap and could I carry her down the mountain? (At this point, Tommy had left to go ski with Grant, so I was all by myself.) I made her ski all the way down and then she called it a day. Tommy took her to lunch while I skiied a little longer and said she slept in the booth the whole time. All in all, she did a great job and was quite the skiier. She loves the snow, so it was no problem getting her to stay out in it all day. Actually, at the end of ski school, the instructor told them it was time to go in and she broke down because she wanted to ski more. After I told her we were going to go skiing more, she calmed right down. Enjoy the video and pics. I wish I would have taken more, but when you are trying to keep up with a 3 year old on the mountain, there aren't too many photo opps!!





We just picked up her skis and boots and are heading to the mountain.





She wanted to carry her skis so badly. We let her but it only lasted about 30 feet before Tommy took over again.




Here's video of her going down. At this point, she was the only one left in her class still skiing. The other 3 year olds were sitting down playing in the snow, so she skiied with the 4 year old class. She's in the pink.








On the way home, we stopped at the Bass Pro Shop and she so wanted this big fish. It is taller than she is by about a foot. This is for her Grandpa Evans, so she can say she caught a bigger fish than him!!



0 comments: