We headed to New Mexico Wednesday night with 2 other couples for a long weekend with no kids. It was very relaxing and laid-back. No real agendas or anything, just some shopping, eating and quite a bit of drinking! I also said I was going to try some things I hadn't before. Those were sushi and wine tasting.
For anyone who knows me well, you know I don't eat seafood. Everyone talks about how wonderful sushi is and how it doesn't taste fishy at all. So after several adult cocktails, I decide to give it a go. I had 3 different kinds and let's just say, none of them actually made into my stomach. They were awful (at least to me, everyone else seemed to enjoy.)
Here are Tommy and I at the sushi restaurant. We got kind of lucky. We met a local couple at the bar we were at and we started talking. We said we wanted sushi, so they told us about their favorite place. They proceeded to call ahead for us, take us to the restaurant and got us a private room, which was needed for our rowdy crew!
Becca, Katrina and I at the Railyard.
On Friday afternoon, we left Santa Fe and headed to Taos. We stopped at 3 wineries on the way up and I had my first official wine tastings. I am not a big wine drinker, so I thought I would give it a shot also. I definitely discovered I like white wine better. After the second winery and 12 wines later, I opted out of the 3rd wine tasting. I discovered that maybe I was just meant to be a beer drinking girl!
Myself, Katrina & Becca at the Rio Grande Gorge.
Tommy & I on the bridge.
Looking down into the canyon. It's a long way down!!!
We got back to reality Sunday afternoon, but had a wonderful stress-free vacation which was what I was hoping for. I can't wait for next year!
1 comments:
Sounds like so much fun. Wish we could hang with you guys! I could use a vacation about NOW! nic
Post a Comment