I have been so busy, I haven't been able to update my blog and probably won't until the beginning of April (besides this post). We are getting ready to leave for Florida on Saturday and will be gone until March 29. As if it's not enough to get everyone packed for 2 weeks (minus Tommy, he'll only be there for 4 days), we decided to get our kitchen and bathroom countertops replaced right before we left. They were supposed to be here yesterday between 12-1. They didn't show up until 3:30. Here's what they had to do: 1. Remove old countertops in kitchen and 2 bathrooms. 2. Take down old tile backsplash, disconnect cooktop and 5 sinks. 3. Put new countertops in, fill the seams, cut holes for cooktop and faucets and caulk around the edges. 4. Put the backsplash up in the bathrooms. 5 Clean up. Anyway, they were here until about 9 pm last night and when I say clean up, that consisted of them putting their tools away and leaving. I have been cleaning non-stop since they left. I had to empty out all my drawers and couldn't start running the dishwasher until the plumber came today to hook all the sinks back up. I have about 4 loads to do before Friday. Our house if full of dust and it doesn't seem to go away even after I have cleaned. Oh and I did I mention that Maddi is sick on top of all of this! The bright spot of all of this is that I love my new countertops! I will post some pictures after we get back and the kitchen backsplash is finished.
The worst part about being locked up in the house cleaning, is that it is 75 outside and I would much rather being enjoying the weather. Oh well, I guess I'll have plenty of sunshine for the next 2 weeks!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Busy as a Bee
Posted by Warner at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment