CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Random Pics from this summer

So I have been really bad about updating the blog this summer, but we had a very busy second half of summer that I just couldn't find the time. Maddi is now back in school and we are getting back on a schedule, so hopefully I'll do better on the updates!!! This blog is full of pics from July and Aug. Sorry about the number, but I just thought it was easier to post in one entry.

In early July, the kids and I went to Colorado with my mom. My brother and his family were also there. The kids had a blast together playing in the creek and hiking. Trey actually did better hiking than Maddi did. I had him in the backpack and he wanted to walk while Maddi complained about hiking and wanted to ride in the backpack (which did end up happening because I was so tired of listening to the whining!)


Here we are on top of a huge boulder. We went rock climbing one afternoon and had a great time until my brother just about stepped on a rattle snake. That kind of ruined the rest of the afternoon for me. Everyone knows how much Maddi loves snakes and she wanted to find some more, so we decided that was enough rock climbing for the day.


We hiked up a mountain so the kids could play in the snow. They had a great time "skiing" down the snow bank.



Trey enjoying throwing rocks in the creek.


Maddi greeting us after a hike. She convinced Grandma to stay at the car with her.


Under the giant boulders we climbed on.



What a view!


The mountains go on forever from the top of a 12,000 foot mountain.


Two weeks later, Tommy, the kids and I headed back for a long weekend. Daddy got the backpack duties for part of that trip!



In late July, we headed to Oklahoma for a weekend with my entire family. My oldest brother and his family are in the process of moving from Cypress to Portugal, so they were in the states for the summer. We had a great time and got to update our family portraits.


Maddi looks like she is choking Trey, but she is really just "loving" him!


The family between pictures.

Trey having fun mowing with Daddy.



This happened several times this summer. He would just get so tired, he fell asleep where ever he ended up.

So just a couple of weeks ago, I had taken about 2 hours to clean the house. I got in the shower and heard Trey. He walked around the corner of my bathroom and this is what I saw....

He was covered in Desitin Creamy. A brand new 6 oz. tube was completely empty and there were feetprints and handprints all over the house (remember I had just cleaned!) I proceeded to clean him up and get the house back together. Everyone says I'll laugh about it someday. I'm still working on getting there!



Look how hard I worked to get it all over my hands and leg!



He's growing up so fast!


And finally, Madison turned 5 in August. Most 5 year old girls want to have a princess party or something girly. Not Maddi, she wanted a bug birthday. Here is her bug cake.


We had nine 4 and 5 year olds over and they painted bug catchers and then ceramic bugs. While the bug catchers dried, we played in the bounce house, had cake and opened gifts. Then they got their bug catchers and went on a bug hunt. Tommy had hidden plastic bugs around and they got to keep the ones they found. Everyone had a great time.


Working on the bug catchers.


Madison showing off some of her loot. She had a great birthday and is so glad to be back in school.

Trey, Madison, and our friends Nick and Piper showing off their face paint at the Tumbleweed Festival.




















0 comments: