CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Busy week

We started out the week with a going away party for our friends Diego and Mattie. They are moving to Puerto Rico next week. We had an animal tour and lunch at Ward's. For those of you not from around here, Ward's is the best place for kids. It's a nursery, pet store, and cafe all in one. They actually have more snakes & lizards than the zoo!


Here they are looking at a snake.


This is a milk snake they got to touch. I think Madison got in line 5 or 6 times to touch it. She just loves snakes.



Here's Trey getting a good look at it but keeping his distance.


Maddi and Piper (our neighbor) getting one last look before they put it away.


Piper and Trey waiting to pet the puppies.


All the kids eating lunch. There were definitely more kids than moms there! We had a great time and will miss the Morales family when they leave.


So that was Tuesday. On Wednesday as soon as school was out, we headed to Oklahoma. Grandma and Grandpa bought Madison a ticket to see The Lion King. She was so excited. We got to Stillwater, picked up Grandma and headed to Oklahoma City to meet Grandpa just in time for the show. Trey and I went shopping for a little while during the play. I decided I wouldn't have much fun with a 2 year old, even though I really wanted to see it! Madison loved it. Grandma said she watched every little thing that was going on and asked lots of questions She decided she wanted to be a mean wolf (hyena) if she were in the play. During intermission she saw a poster of what was coming next season, The Wizard of Oz. She asked Grandpa if he could bring her back to that one. I'm almost certain we'll be seeing Dorothy next February! We got back to Stillwater about 11:15 and got up the next morning and headed back home. It was a quick trip, but so worth it for her.

Friday night we headed to the pond across the street to go fishing. The fish weren't as active as they usually are, but Maddi found 2 big frogs. She took them up on Miss Kim's trampoline (our neighbor) so their dog wouldn't get them. Those poor frogs were bounced and tossed and even ended up on Maddi's head. We made her put them back when we went home. This morning she asked to go play at Mason's and I said yes. 5 minutes later I saw Mason at another neighbors so I went to see what she was doing. She was back at the pond and had found another frog. She put it in her pocket, hopped on her bike and rode home. We now have a frog in a bucket in our garage. I told her we would have to let it go tonight. She's such a girlie-girl!! Ha ha.

Here she is today with the frog.


Her new favorite place to put the frog.


Trey getting in on the fun.
Aren't they supposed to turn into princes when kissed? I can tell you that has definitely not happened and there have been multiple kisses!! Oh well.







0 comments: