CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Happenings

There was a lot going on over the holidays, so I'll just start at the beginning and go from there. Friday, Dec. 19 was Maddi's last day of school. Santa made a visit and Maddi was very excited to remind him that she wanted a dinosaur.


Here she is happy that he remembered that she likes bugs too! Santa is a good friend of ours, so that never hurts that he knows a lot about her!



This time Trey even got up in his lap without any tears or fighting. I think it's because I told him Santa would give him candy if he sat on his lap!

That weekend we decided to make a gingerbread house. I bought the store kit mainly because I thought it would be easier. It was fairly easy, but it tasted horrible! The icing was bland and the candy was not even very sweet. Oh well, both kids had a blast doing it.


Getting ready to put the candy on.


Maddi decorating the roof.


The finished product.

Maddi had been adding to her nightly prayer for God to please let it snow for Christmas. This is what we woke up to on Xmas eve. Even though it was gone by that afternoon, she was very impressed that God granted her request. She played out in it for 1 1/2 hours before I made her come in.

Don't you love her goggles? They came with her Home Depot weed whacker!

Christmas morning came and both kids got what they wanted. They must have been very good this year.

This is the best picture I could get of both of them. I have learned to take what I can get!


Maddi with Spike the Dinosaur.



Showing Trey how to use his new train.



Grandma and Grandpa Warner got them Kota the Dinosaur. Here she is riding on it talking to Grandma and Grandpa. Daddy got Trey the John Deere combine. Isn't it cute?!



Riding on Kota.
We had a great Christmas morning and the kids got way too much as usual!


0 comments: